Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
CITY OF WATERTOWN, SD
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
An Equal Opportunity Employer
23 – 2nd St. NE, P.O. Box 910
Watertown, SD 57201-0910
PLEASE READ: This form is an application for employment with the City of Watertown and is not intended as any guarantee of employment or contract of employment with the City. Please complete all parts of this application to the best of your ability. Any false or misleading information provided on this application may be grounds for refusal to hire or termination of employment. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment decisions.
A new application must be completed for each position for which you apply; including returning part-time, seasonal or temporary employees.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completion of any part of this application.
(Proof of eligibility will be required upon employment)
(If yes, attach a copy of DD214 – separation papers)
Driver's License Information
I understand and agree that:
1. The City has my authorization to thoroughly investigate my work history; including contacting current and former employers. I will hold no person, corporation, or organization liable for giving or receiving information in this investigation.
2. In consideration of employment, I agree to conform to the rules and regulations of the City and I understand that no representative of the City has any authority to enter into any agreement, oral or written, for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement or assurances contrary to City policy.
3. The City is an equal opportunity employer. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
4. As part of the City employment process, the City may conduct a background check to confirm the accuracy of information supplied on this application. By signing this application, I knowingly and voluntarily authorize such investigation upon receiving a conditional offer of employment.
5. I understand that passing pre-employment screenings, including drug and alcohol screening, fitness testing or psychological screening may be a requirement for some positions within the City. I understand that if a conditional offer of employment is given for a position with any of these requirements, a satisfactory completion of such pre-employment testing is considered a pre-requisite for qualifying for employment.
6. I further knowingly and voluntarily acknowledge that should any authorized background investigation produce omitted disclosure, intended or unintended, my application may be rejected.
7. I have read and agree to the above and hereby certify that the information provided in this employment application, including any additional information attached hereto, as well as any supplied during the hiring process, is true and complete. I further acknowledge that this is an application for employment and is not an offer of employment.
UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field