Public Service Announcement
Watertown Sanitation Department
Recycle Update & Food Containers
The week of Monday, October 19, 2015 Recycle Route B is collected. Recycle Route B is south of 3rd Ave N. For Single Stream recycling co-mingle all recycle materials in the tan container for collection every other week.
To receive a recycling container, please place your cursor over Government in the upper left hand corner of this website, then place your cursor over Departments, then Regional Landfill, and finally click on Request A Container to order a recycle container. The City of Watertown will deliver an additional Tan 95 gallon Single Stream recycling container at no charge.
Please place your collection containers out the night before your collection day to avoid missing the truck. Collection routes begin at 5:00 AM, and there is no set time when they will cover a certain area of town. Trucks are not rerouted to pick up containers that are put out late. Please do not set out your recycle container until it is full. All containers placed on the parkway or boulevard on the day of collection shall be removed on the same day following collection.
Remember-Never include glass in the recycle container. Glass is not recycled and causes injuries on the sort line.
REMOVE & DISCARD ALL LIDS. Plastic bottles with lids attached do not collapse and take up extra volume in the recycling. All the lids must be manually removed at the recycle facility which is not cost effective.
Here are facts about FOOD CONTAINER recycling in Watertown:
• Plastic milk jugs ARE recyclable! Place them in your Tan container.
• Waxed cardboard milk cartons ARE NOT recyclable.
• Pizza boxes WITH grease stains ARE NOT recyclable due to contamination of the cardboard.
• Due to oil & grease in many foods, used fast food bags; hamburger wrappers; paper plates, towels, and napkins ARE NOT recyclable.
• Cereal and other dry goods boxes ARE recyclable. Place them in your Tan container.
• Plastic containers that have held salad oil, cooking oil, or motor oil ARE NOT recyclable due to contamination.
Thanks for your interest in and awesome support of the single stream curbside recycle program! Please place your cursor over Government in the upper left hand corner of this website, then place your cursor over Departments, then Regional Landfill, and finally click on Request A Container to order a recycle container.