WFR responded to a residential structure fire at 1706 Grandview Drive NE at approximately 12:20 pm on Wednesday. The fire was reported by the home owner. Upon arrival, WFR crews found a two story home with flames and smoke coming from a main floor kitchen window in the rear of the home. Thankfully, the home owner had just gotten back to the residence at the time of the fire. Crews initially attacked the fire from outside the home, knocking down visible flames through a self vented window. WFR personnel then entered the structure and proceeded to get the remainder of the fire under control. The kitchen area of the home was a complete loss, and the remainder of the home suffered major smoke and heat damage from the extremely high temperatures inside. There was minimal water damage to the home. After extinguishing the fire and ventilating the home, WFR staff was on scene for approximately 3 hours. WFR would like to thank The Watertown Police Department for their role in traffic control and Watertown Utilities for their quick response as well. Thankfully there were no injuries to report, and the home owner was able to rescue a family pet. The cause of the fire is believed to have stemmed from the dishwasher in the kitchen. WFR reminds you to keep smoke alarms in working condition, they save lives!