Public construction projects are progressing as expected throughout town, even though recent rains have presented challenges for construction. The projects near the schools have top priority for paving, and contractors are doing their best to prepare the streets to be open for traffic before school starts next week. Highlights include:
• Roundabout/14th Avenue N/11th Street E construction is substantially complete and open to traffic.
• Flashing signals for the new middle school zones on 14th Avenue and 11th Street will be installed and functioning when school opens.
• 3rd Avenue NE joint Municipal Utilities/City water main/storm sewer/pavement overlay Project is on schedule with paving expected to be complete by August 26.
• 11th Street Water Main replacement by Municipal Utilities is complete and open to traffic with patching to follow soon.
• 19th Street NE Street Reconstruction/Overlay is on schedule for completion by mid-October.
• Citywide Overlay projects are on schedule and focusing first on school areas.