Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a 911 call for a fire inside a mobile home Thursday evening at approximately 6:45pm. Upon arrival at 408 12th St SE, the occupants of the home had evacuated and updated crews of a grease fire on the stove top inside their home. At that time it was believed the fire had spread into the ceiling or attic space of the home. After making entry firefighters confirmed the fire did not spread from the stove. The fire was contained to the stove top and the back splash area behind it, as well as the kitchen vent. Fire crews ventilated the smoke out of the house. After making sure it was safe the homeowners were allowed back inside. The home suffered some smoke damage from the fire, and light fire damage in the kitchen. Crews were on scene for about 30 minutes. WFR thanks the Watertown Police Department for their assistance. WFR would like to remind homeowners to have at least one working fire extinguisher in your home and check it every 6 months to make sure it is still charged.