I have been organizing the Watertown Comm. Rec. Center / Prairie Lakes Wellness Center’s May Day Run since 2001. This has never been a huge event, but I kept it going for one main reason……. You had to be tough to run the May Day Run, and I respected that! So if people wanted to run, we were going to be there! We have ran this race in rain, snow, sleet, wind (lots of wind) and now we are going to add a global pandemic to the list……..because we are tough!
Rules are simple:
- On May 2nd or May 3rd, go out and give me your best 3.1 miles. You can choose whatever 3.1 mile course you wish.
- Make sure you time yourself. There are a lot of free apps out there to help you. My app of choice is “Map My Fitness” , but time yourself however you would like.
- E mail your name, age and 5k time to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 4th. If you would prefer NOT to have your results posted, just let me know.
- I will post results by Tuesday May 5th.
So I invite you to keep the May Day Run tradition going…….. Rain or Shine or Pandemic!
Who: Anyone who wants to participate
What: Prairie Lakes Wellness Center’s May Day 5K
When: Saturday, May 2nd or Sunday, May 3rd
Where: Any 5k route you wish
How much: $0.00
- Please remember to be safe and practice social distancing!
Good Luck and the PLWC hopes to see all of you soon!
Fitness / Program Coordinator
Prairie Lakes Wellness Center