Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
WFR responded to house fire in Northwest Watertown. Upon arrival to residence, crews found thick dark smoke coming from garage. Contractors were working on the house when they noticed smoke coming from the basement and called 911. Firefighters made entry into the basement to find a dehumidifier smoldering, crews extinguished what was left of the dehumidifier and used fans to blow out what smoke was left in the house. Damage was limited to whatever the smoke damaged. What caused the dehumidifier to burn is underdetermined. There were no injuries reported and the house was under construction and unoccupied.
WFR would like to remind everyone, to make sure that they are in good working conditions, the cords are free of defects and that all the wiring is capable of supplying the power needed, when using the appliances in the home.