Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Recycle Update & Plastic
The week of Monday, May 7, 2018 Recycle Route A iscollected. Recycle Route A is north of 3rdAve N and all of Lake Kampeska and Derby Downs. For Single Stream recycling co-mingle allrecycle materials in the tan container for collection every other week. If you need a second recycling container,please go to our website to request one. The City of Watertown will deliver an additional Tan 95 gallon SingleStream recycling container at no charge.
Please place yourcollection containers out the night before your collection day to avoid missingthe truck. Collection routes beginat 5:00 AM, and there is no set time when they will cover a certain area oftown. Trucks are not rerouted to pick upcontainers that are put out late. Please do not set out your recyclecontainer until it is full. Allcontainers placed on the parkway or boulevard on the day of collection shall beremoved on the same day following collection.
Remember-Neverinclude glass in the recycle container. Glass is not recycled and causes injuries on the sort line.
REMOVE & DISCARD ALLLIDS. Plastic bottles with lids attached do notcollapse and take up extra volume in the recycling. All the lids must be manually removed at therecycle facility which is not cost effective.
Here are some ways tohelp make the PLASTICcomponent of recycling more cost effective:
· Include#1 & #2 bottles with screw on lids (pop, water, shampoo, laundry detergent,etc.).
· Emptyand Rinse the bottles.
· REMOVE & DISCARDTHE LIDS. Plastic bottles with lids attached do notcollapse and take up extra volume in the recycling. All the lids must be manually removed at therecycle facility which is not efficient or cost effective.
· Donot include containers that held salad dressing, cooking oils or motoroils. The oil residue in thesecontainers contaminates the plastic load.
· Donot include ice cream buckets or yogurt containers even if stamped #1 or#2. The rim of snap lid containers ismade of another plastic and contaminates the recycle plastic when melted.
Plastics coded #3, #5,and #7 are not recycled, please discard in garbage. These do not combine with #1 or #2 plasticswhen melted.
Thanks for yourinterest in and awesome support of the single stream curbside recycle program! Please visit the Watertown website www.watertownsd.us forfurther information or to request a recycle container.