Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Recycle Update &Food Containers
The week of Monday, December 4, 2017 Recycle Route A iscollected. Recycle Route A is north of 3rd Ave N and all of Lake Kampeska and Derby Downs. For Single Stream recycling co-mingle all recycle materials in the tan container for collection every other week. If you need a second recycling container,please go to our website to request one. The City of Watertown will deliver an additional Tan 95 gallon SingleStream recycling container at no charge.
Please place yourcollection containers out the night before your collection day to avoid missingthe truck. Collection routes beginat 5:00 AM, and there is no set time when they will cover a certain area oftown. Trucks are not rerouted to pick upcontainers that are put out late. Please do not set out your recyclecontainer until it is full. Allcontainers placed on the parkway or boulevard on the day of collection shall beremoved on the same day following collection.
Remember-Neverinclude glass in the recycle container. Glass is not recycled and causes injuries on the sort line.
REMOVE & DISCARD ALLLIDS. Plastic bottles with lids attached do notcollapse and take up extra volume in the recycling. All the lids must be manually removed at therecycle facility which is not cost effective.
Here are facts about FOOD CONTAINER recycling in Watertown:
· Plasticmilk jugs ARE recyclable! Place them inyour Tan container.
· Waxedcardboard milk cartons ARE NOT recyclable.
· Pizzaboxes WITH grease stains ARE NOT recyclable due to contamination of thecardboard.
· Dueto oil & grease in many foods, used fast food bags; hamburger wrappers;paper plates, towels, and napkins ARE NOT recyclable.
· Cerealand other dry goods boxes ARE recyclable. Place them in your Tan container.
· Plasticcontainers that have held salad oil, cooking oil, or motor oil ARE NOTrecyclable due to contamination.
Thanks for yourinterest in and awesome support of the single stream curbside recycle program! Please visit the Watertown website www.watertownsd.us for furtherinformation or to request a recycle container.