On Tuesday morning, around 09:00, WFR responded to a mobile home fire on the 600 block of 6th Ave SE. Upon arrival the FD found the back half of the home fully involved with fire. The residence was occupied at the time of the fire, but everyone was able to self evacuate. The fire began in a back bedroom. It is believed to have been started by a candle that spread to the curtains in that room. Home owners attempted to put the fire out with an extinguisher, but it had spread and was too large to handle at that time. Prior to firefighters entering the residence, the fire flashed over into the living room, kitchen, and another bedroom. The home contents are considered an entire loss. WFR personnel were on scene for approximately 3 hours. There were no injuries to report. Fischer, Lt WFR
On behalf of Watertown Fire Rescue, please remember to keep at least two exits clear for entering and/or exiting your home. Fires double in size approximately every 45-60 seconds, so have an up to date fire extinguisher at your disposal. Thank you.