Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a mobile home fire Sunday evening in the south west part of Watertown.
Upon arrival, crews found a deck attached to the home was on fire. Crews were able to extinguish the fire prior to it spreading to the home. Some of the skirting was also damaged, but overall the damage was minor.
The residents had all been removed form the home prior to WFR's arrival. No injuries were reported during the fire. Strong winds accelerated the fire spread. WFR had 8 personnel on scene for approximately one hour.
WFR would like to remind smokers to use approved butt cans or metal containers for holding discarded cigarette butts. Storage of the cigarettes for long periods of time is not recommended, and the butts should be eventually soaked,and placed in a metal can prior to being thrown in the garbage can.
Thank you, WFR