Discover WatertownHow Do I

Go To Search
Click to Home

The Vacation of RIght-of-Way refers to the process where an individual(s) (who owns the adjacent property) can petition the City Council to acquire public right-of-way for private use. Public right-of-way is any property where the City has the right to use the land, whether or not the right-of-way has ever been used or improved.

THe Vacation of an Easement is a process used to eliminate all or a portion of an easement for utilities, drainage, access, or any other type of easement designated on a plat or other recorded document.

Documents related to a request to vacate:

Contact Us
Brandi Hanten, CFM
Urban Planner
Ph: 605-882-6202, ext. 3528

Shane Waterman, P.E.
City Engineer
Ph: 605-882-6202, ext. 3546

City Hall
23 Second St. N.E.
Watertown, SD 57201

Staff Directory